What are IA’s aims?
Any serious illness will disrupt a person’s normal lifestyle, especially if it has lasted many years and has led to major surgery resulting in a change of body function and body image.
- IA aims to help anyone who has had, or is about to have, their colon removed to return to a fully active and normal life as soon as possible.
- IA aims to help them with all aspects of their rehabilitation including social activities, relationships with their families, friends, employers, colleagues and members of the general public.
- IA aims to work in close co-operation with the medical authorities as part of a team whose primary aim is the complete rehabilitation of every ileostomy or pouch patient.
- IA aims to promote and co-ordinate research, not only into ways of improving the quality of life with an ileostomy or pouch, but also into the illnesses which lead to these operations.
- IA aims to improve knowledge about the management of ileostomies or pouches and encourage development of new ostomy equipment and skin care preparations.
Join IA today
You can now join IA and enjoy all the benefits of membership just by completing a short online form, click here for further details