Privacy notice: Website and Forum visitors
When you visit our website, we collect a certain amount of personal data. We respect your personal data and take its security very seriously.
- We respect your personal data and take its security
- We only hold what data we need for the purpose for which we obtained it.
- We delete your data when it has reached the end of its retention period.
- You have privacy rights.
- We are happy to answer your questions. Our contact details can be found at the end of this notice.
What data we hold
When you visit our website we collect the following:
- IP Address/ MAC address
When you register on IA’s forums we collect the following:
- IP Address
- Name, Email address, Occupation and Date of birth
- Free format signature
How we use your personal data
References to the legal basis for processing of your personal data (e.g. “(Basis: Art. 6(f).)”) are a reference to the article of the General Data Protection Regulation. Each piece of personal data that we process must have a legal basis.
Your email address will be shown to other registered forum users if you choose to show your email address within your profile settings. You have the option to hide your email address so it is not shown.
If you choose to enter a ‘free-format’ signature which contains personal information including health information, this will be shown each time you post and will be visible to all forum visitors. IA does not require you to enter any personal information including health information into your signature and therefore by entering this information you have chosen to do so and understand it is visible to all forum visitors. You can amend or delete this information at any time within your profile settings.
We use the logs from our servers to help with our company’s security as well as to look at visitor behaviour (e.g. which website pages get the most traffic or are the most popular).
(Basis: Art. 6(c): we have a legal obligation to protect the data of our customers and our staff. Art. 6(f): strategy planning is a legitimate activity for a business.)
Your data and transfers outside of the EEA
We do use systems whose servers are outside the EEA. In most cases adequate safeguards are in place either via EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or EU Model Contracts. We are addressing systems which do not yet have sufficient safeguards.
You have rights in respect of our processing of your personal data which are:
- To access to your personal data and information about our processing of it. You also have the right to request a copy of your personal data (but we will need to remove information about other people).
- To rectify incorrect personal data that we are processing.
- To request that we erase your personal data if:
- we no longer need it;
- if we are processing your personal data by consent and you withdraw that consent;
- if we no longer have a legitimate ground to process your personal data; or
- we are processing your personal data unlawfully
- To object to our processing if it is by legitimate interest.
- To restrict our processing if it was by legitimate interest.
- To request that your personal data be transferred from us to another company if we were processing your data under a contract or with your consent and the processing is carried out automated means.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the details at the end of this notice.
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties except the following:
- We outsource our website management to a contracted third party who understands fully obligations regarding keeping personal data safe.
We have appointed a Data Protection consultant, Sapphire Consulting, and any issues regarding data protection or this fair processing notice should be addressed to them at dpo(at)iasupport.org. In the event of wanting further information about your Data Subject rights, or in the case of making a complaint, you can contact the ICO, the supervisory authority in the UK on 0303 123 1113. Or via the website here https://ico.org.uk.
This is the length of time that we will continue to process or store your personal data.
Server logs: one year
Forums: life of forum membership
IA Danehurst Court
35-37 West Street
Essex SS4 1BE