Ileostomy and Internal Pouch Association, known as IA, is a registered charity supporting people living with an ileostomy or internal pouch, their families, friends and carers.Donate
IA Information Day 2022
13th May 2022
The 2022 IA Information Day was again delivered online, which meant even more people could join the event live and participate in the talks and workshops.
Whether you are wanting to re-watch the presentations, or couldn’t make it on the day, all the presentations and workshops are here for you to view.
The main presentations include:
- Prof Gordon Carlson – Consent for medical treatment inthe 21st century. What might Bryan Brooke have made of the modern doctor-patient relationship?
- Consultant Colorectal Dietitian, Sophie Medlin – Optimising gut health without a colon
- Clinical Exercise Specialist, Sarah Russell – Living with a prastomal hernia
- Pouch Care Specialist, Rali Marinova – Is that a new pouch you’ve got (or do you always walk like that..)?
- The Bryan Brooke Lecture, by Dr Calum Lyon – ‘Abdominal stomas and the skin: a special relationship’
- Consultant Nurse, Pouch & Stoma Care, Zarah Perry-Woodford – Evolving stoma nursing services
WARNING: The Bryan Brooke Lecture does include images of a graphic nature. If you are uncomfortable seeing these, please scroll through this section of the video.
We also have Workshops delivered by:
- Julia Spanswick – ‘Living with an Internal Pouch’
- Zoey Wright – ‘My Journey to becoming 2 x World Champion fitness model’
- Carol Katte – ‘Caring for your Skin’
- Sarah Russell also ran two gentle core and pelvic floor exercise workshops
Each of the workshops and the main Information Day presentations can be watched by choosing the appropriate buttons to the right on this page.