Information Day – 28 March 2020
❗️ Information Day Update❗️
It is with regret that we have to announce that our Information Day event taking place on Saturday 28 March 2020 has had to be postponed until further notice due to the impact of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) and its potential effect on all those attending.
Whilst we regret having to take this decision, we believe that in the circumstances this is the only responsible course of action to take and we trust that all those impacted will understand their safety and well-being is our primary concern.
All event booking fees paid to us will be refunded to attendees at the earliest opportunity.
For more information about the current guidance surrounding Covid-19, please refer to the latest NHS advice, information, and updates which can be found here:
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Date: Saturday 28 March 2020
Time: Registration from 9am (starts 10am), approx finish 17:00
Venue: Hilton Hotel Newcastle, Bottle Bank, Gateshead, NE8 2AR
Cost: £10 including lunch and refreshments during the day.
The Information Day is a full day including:
- Presentation: Diet and nutrition with a stoma or pouch by Sophie Medlin, Consultant Dietitian and Lecturer
- Workshops: Diet and nutrition by Sophie Medlin, Consultant Dietitian and Lecturer
- Workshops: Yoga and Pilates by Gillian Clarke, Physiotherapist*
- Workshop: Living with an internal pouch
- Workshop: Discussion by our Young IA team on topics affecting younger ostomates
- Presentation: ‘The well-connected patient – Social media and mobile technology in 21st century ileostomy and pouch care” by Richard Brady, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
- Presentation: “Enhancing recovery after surgery. How and why?” by Professor Gordon Carlson, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
- Stoma care exhibition running all day in between sessions
* We recommend you bring a mat or towel if you wish to participate in the yoga/pilates workshop. Some mats will be available but limited.
Click to download: information day leaflet
To book your place(s) please visit our online booking form.
Bookings for the conference dinner can be booked via IA national office. Please contact IA national office on 0800 0184 724 to book your place.