Information Day – 28 March 2020
Date: Saturday 28 March 2020
Time: Registration from 9am (starts 10am), approx finish 17:00
Venue: Hilton Hotel Newcastle, Bottle Bank, Gateshead, NE8 2AR
Cost: £10 including lunch and refreshments during the day.
The Information Day is a full day including:
- Presentation: Diet and nutrition with a stoma or pouch by Sophie Medlin, Consultant Dietitian and Lecturer
- Workshops: Diet and nutrition by Sophie Medlin, Consultant Dietitian and Lecturer
- Workshops: Yoga and Pilates by Gillian Clarke, Physiotherapist*
- Workshop: Living with an internal pouch
- Workshop: Discussion by our Young IA team on topics affecting younger ostomates
- Presentation: ‘The well-connected patient – Social media and mobile technology in 21st century ileostomy and pouch care” by Richard Brady, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
- Presentation: “Enhancing recovery after surgery. How and why?” by Professor Gordon Carlson, Consultant Colorectal Surgeon
- Stoma care exhibition running all day in between sessions
* We recommend you bring a mat or towel if you wish to participate in the yoga/pilates workshop. Some mats will be available but limited.
Click to download: information day leaflet
To book your place(s) please visit our online booking form.
Bookings for the conference dinner can be booked via IA national office. Please contact IA national office on 0800 0184 724 to book your place.